You will need:
Instructions for trainers:
- For each group, print the Seeing Anew matching exercise. Cut up and separate the 24 numbered ‘towards’ statements.
- Place each set of 24 statements in a separate, large envelope.
- Print one image of the three Umbrellas (Faith, Hope and Love) for each group. Cut each image into three separate umbrellas and place a set of three in each envelope containing the Seeing Anew statements. Print the faith, hope and love documents as reference for each group and add them to each large envelope. Alternatively, print slides 5, 6 and 7 as notes pages from the PowerPoint Faith, Hope and Love: Faith, Hope and Love (The theology) | Notes with activities for participants)
Each group will need one of these envelopes that should contain: three separate umbrellas, 24 statements, 3 reference pages on faith, hope and love.
Teachers may need time to read the faith, hope and love sheets / PowerPoint notes in order to do the exercise. Give reading time before you start. You might like to ask afterwards if there was anything people found surprising, interesting or puzzling.
Instructions for groups:
- In your envelope you should find three umbrellas labelled 'Faith', 'Hope' and 'Love'. Place these on a table or the floor as headings.
- You will also find a series of 24 ‘towards’ statements.
- As a group, decide where each of the ‘towards’ statements best fits (under which umbrella).
- If you need some help deciding as a group, you can refer to the 'Faith', 'Hope' and 'Love' sheets. Don't worry if you have trouble deciding where some belong; some may belong under more than one umbrella. This is more about making connections than about a single set of correct answers.